We delivered this with Prospex, our geographical information system (GIS), which forms the basis of defining the catchments for every Majestic Wine store. Visualising and editing store locations and catchments also helps with internal queries.
For example, stores may need to query their catchments and why deliveries are being allocated to which stores.
Prospex maps provide a quick visual reference for analysts to see which delivery areas are defined, and help identify efficiency opportunities and service improvements for customers.
Frederick Botfield, Majestic Wine, Property Estates Manager, said:
"We use Prospex to understand our customers, whether they shop online or in store. This includes penetration within areas, spend maps and analysis for new and existing stores based on our customer drive-times. With Prospex we can:
- Visualise penetration within areas.
- Understand drive-times of customers to decide where to put new stores.
- Visualize customers across all sales channels.
- Understand and calculate cannibalisation and trade transfer between multiple stores.
- Understand customer behaviour when we relocate or close stores.”