Improved healthcare provision through demographics and mapping
Understanding the needs of your patients, predicting potential demand and strategically locating your sites all allow healthcare providers to most efficiently make use of the resources to hand. Our geodemographic data, location data and maps allow any healthcare organisation, public or private, to operate efficiently, and easily adapt to meet the needs of the people they serve.
Here are just a few examples of the applications of our services and case studies from the clients who have used them.
Understand local health needs
Whether you need to look at people within travel distance of your pharmacies, or understand the whole population within your Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), our mapping and data tools have the demographic depth and geographical flexibility to meet your needs.
- Local population geodemographics to build a picture of the people reliant upon your services, their age, attitudes, habits and the media channels you are most likely to reach them with
- Understand health trends within an area by cross referencing your own data or modelling national data to build detailed data maps or statistics of likely demand
- Identify vulnerable groups to target with preventative activity such as information campaigns or social prescribing
Intelligently place clinics and distribution outlets
Health facilities need to be accessible. In real terms, this means placing them in an area of high demand and ensuring good transport links. If you are looking to locate a new clinic or outlet, we can help you to:
- Assess the need for your facilities amongst a local audience by using demographic and lifestyle data cross referenced with clinical data to create a heat map of potential sites
- Evaluate the accessibility of a site using real-world drive times and distances on the current travel infrastructure allowing for time of day, method of transport and likely traffic
- Map your network and those of similar organisations, plot realistic travel-time catchments and pinpoint any under-serviced areas that would benefit from new facilities
- Help patients and clients find your closest site by using travel time and distance data to create a user-friendly “where is my nearest” tool on your website
Look at your services in a national context
- Map national networks: Whether it is just your own clinics, a complete supply and service network, or even neighbouring facilities and competitors, they can all be easily displayed on data maps for easy at-a-glance decision making.
- Map boundaries: We provide CCG, administrative, and postcode boundary data or maps. Additionally all of our solutions work to any of these boundaries making them perfect for public or private sector clients
- Compare your coverage and performance with others: From simply comparing number and density of sites, to data mapping service provision against that of neighbouring CCGs or against national KPIs, we can help.
- Use national trends to predict local demand: Benefit from other regional or national data, model it onto your own geographic and demographic information to predict likely service demand in the future.
The University of East London used our geodemographic profiling data to look for national trends in schizophrenia to analyse possible environmental causes.
Define service areas and improve staff travel efficiency
Give your staff realistic territories to serve, and make travel and expenses remuneration as simple as possible for great customer and staff satisfaction. We work with organisations such as SimplyHealth and NHS SBS to make their travel as efficient, and their service as effective as possible.
- Define territories for carers or field team members by travel time, distance, number of patients or historic demand. Balance territories nationwide and review regularly as staff, patients, or networks change
- Clearly define catchments: Whether you would like to map by CCG boundaries or your own bespoke catchments, we can provide maps or postcode data for your team defined by the boundaries you select, avoiding confusion and wasted effort
- Travel expenses validation using real-world travel distance data to check claims and allow instant remuneration
Experienced with administrative geography
We have more than 25 years’ experience of working with location data in the healthcare sector. All of our geographic information systems and geodemographic data work with both postcode and administrative geography, allowing seamless cross-sector working between public and private sector bodies.
Free maps and data for the public sector
For additional cost efficiencies, much of the map data we can provide is available under the Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA), meaning that it is free to public sector clients and agencies working on their behalf.
We also provide solutions from full-feature system licences to a fixed-cost outsourced service ensuring competitive pricing for all budgets. We offer you the best possible value whilst you create the most efficient care network.
Whether you are looking to improve your organisation's efficiency, or predict future demand, or open a new clinic, we have the tools and expertise to help.
Your continued use of this site is taken as implied consent to receive cookies from us and our analytics partners.