TimeTravel drive time data
Accurate driving times and distances between postcode sectors and districts. Ideal for web services, route planning, scheduling and mileage calculators. Our TimeTravel drive time products can help you when:
You want to know:
- Postcodes within a set driving time of your offices - peak or off-peak
- The number of households within a certain driven distance
You want to provide:
- A "where is my nearest?" function for your customers on your website
- Franchise maps based on driving times
- Travel time estimates for your HGV or delivery fleet
You need to calculate:
- Point to point mileages for fuel accounting or staff expenses claims
- Charging bands for delivery services
- Territories based on travel distance rather than abstract "crow fly" distance.
In addition to the above, TimeTravel data works seamlessly with Beacon Dodsworth's other products. We can run simple, one-off, cost effective queries for you. But if you prefer, we can share the benefits of a full Prospex GIS, or P² People & Places licence if you would like full territory management functionality in-house, or the ability to profile the households within an area.
Area to area
A data product calculating drive times and distances from every postcode sector in the UK to every other sector. Can be imported into databases such as SQLServer, mySQL or Oracle. Times are based on road speeds for peak time, off peak time and HGV use. The data is modelled to include ferry routes so all sectors can be reached from all others.
TimeTravel is calculated from up-to-date postcode data, detailed road networks and speed tables for peak, off peak and HGV travel speeds. The travel times take into account road types and locations, road restrictions, congestion charging, tolls and estuary crossings. Beacon Dodsworth have modelled ferry crossing times and distances across the UK. This means that it is possible to get a representative time and distance between every pair of sectors (e.g. YO30 5) in the UK.
Your continued use of this site is taken as implied consent to receive cookies from us and our analytics partners.