Data mapping and visualisation
Why puting data in a geographical context? In short, it is a great way to get to grips with large amounts of information and add an extra dimension to your understanding whether you are:
- Creating a heat map to summarise data at a glance
- Mapping postcode locations on a map to represent a store network
- Creating sales territories based on travel time or customer numbers in an area
- Visualising a postcode area to focus a project or direct your field team
For more complex data, you might want to consider putting several or even all of these features on a single map, something our range of mapping services and geographic intelligence tools are quite capable of doing.
Heat mapping is a great way of charting complex data to make it immediately understandable and intuitive to the viewer. Many businesses use this form of mapping to plot key aspects of their business data such as:
- Plotting density of point data such as customer or competitor locations
- Showing average values in an area for value data such as purchase levels
- Summarising demographic trends amongst an audience
- Demonstrating distance of an area from stores or reps
The output areas for your maps can be set by postcode, administrative geography (typically used by local government), or entirely bespoke areas defined by you, whilst colour coding can be a more traditional red, amber, green, or any colour scale to match your chosen theme or company brand.
A point set map allows you to chart features of interest in an easily understandable format and is a great way of turning table data into something more intuitive. These points could be anything you’d like mapped: your best customers, your store or sales network, or even competitors and distributors. Map points can be based on:
- Full UK postcodes
- A central point calculated from incomplete postcodes, postcode sectors or postcode areas
- Ordnance Survey National Grid reference or coordinates
- Latitude and longitude data
- Centralised points calculated from administrative geography
A more complex function, we can create territories or catchments to guide sales or delivery networks based on:
- Fixed distance radii
- Actual on-road travel distances or times
- Customer value or count within an area
- Density or number of households fitting set demographic groupings
Sometimes it isn't what is in an area, but the area itself that needs mapping. If, for example, your community project is targeted within a particular postcode sector boundary, or your door-to-door team have fixed target areas then being able to create maps showing only that area can be valuable. We can help you with extent mapping for:
- Postcode sectors or areas
- Administrative regions
- Demographic boundaries
Our in-house team are able to undertake geographical analysis on your behalf whether it is for a single GIS map or entire geographic analysis project. If you are a small company with limited resources we can act as your insight team, or we can support an existing GIS team struggling with heavy workloads, or supplement their experience during a complex project. Our bespoke mapping service gives you the peace of mind of guaranteed completion at a low, fixed cost.
Our range of data mapping solutions:
Web-based data mapping tool designed to make displaying, sharing, and presenting geographical data simple, affordable, and intuitive.
A cost-effective, flexible, geographic information system (GIS), offering powerful data mapping, visualisation and analysis tools.
Let us do the mapping for you, or design something bespoke to integrate with your current website, or customer database.
Taking advantage of geographic intelligence needn’t mean high costs or dedicated in-house staff. We are a small, agile company with a proven set of affordable geographic information systems (GIS). We can either give you the software you need for your team or undertake complete digital mapping projects on your behalf. Whatever your area of business, project size, or available budget, we have a solution to suit you.
We have more than 25 years experience of providing exceptional data and service to our customers, and can help you to get the most out of your data and your budget. Why not get in touch to find out how we can help you.
Your continued use of this site is taken as implied consent to receive cookies from us and our analytics partners.