Postcode mapping and data visualisation
Why put data in a geographical context? In short, it is a great way to get to grips with large amounts of information and add an extra dimension to your understanding.
Here are just a few ways you can harness your postcode data:
A point set map allows you to chart features of interest in an easily understandable format and is a great way of turning table data into something more intuitive. These points could be anything you’d like mapped: your best customers, your store or sales network, or even competitors and distributors. Map points can be based on:
- Full UK postcodes
- A central point calculated from incomplete postcodes, postcode sectors or postcode areas
- Ordnance Survey National Grid reference or coordinates
- Latitude and longitude data
- Centralised points calculated from administrative geography
Heat mapping is a great way of charting complex data to make it immediately understandable and intuitive to the viewer. Many businesses use this form of mapping to plot key aspects of their business data such as:
- Plotting density of postcode point data such as customer or competitor locations
- Showing average values in an area for value data such as purchase levels
- Summarising demographic trends amongst an audience
- Demonstrating distance of an area from stores or reps
The output areas for your maps can be set by postcode, administrative geography (typically used by local government), or entirely bespoke areas defined by you, whilst colour coding can be a more traditional red, amber, green, or any colour scale to match your chosen theme or company brand.
We can create territories or catchments to guide sales or delivery networks based on:
- A list of existing postcode references
- Fixed distance radii from set points
- Actual on-road travel distances or times from a starting point
- Customer value or count within an area
- Density or number of households fitting set demographic groupings
Sometimes it isn't what is in an area, but the area itself that needs mapping. If, for example, your community project is targeted within a particular postcode sector boundary, or your door-to-door team have fixed target areas then being able to create maps showing only that area can be valuable. We can help you with extent mapping for:
- Postcode sectors or areas
- Administrative regions
- Demographic boundaries
Our range of postcode mapping solutions:
Affordable, intuitive, instant
Web-based data mapping tool designed to make displaying, sharing, and presenting geographical data as simple as possible.
Powerful geo-data analysis
A complete desktop, geographic information system (GIS), offering powerful data mapping, visualisation and analysis tools.
Fixed cost, outsourced expertise
Let us do the mapping for you, or design something bespoke to integrate with your current website, or customer database.
Your continued use of this site is taken as implied consent to receive cookies from us and our analytics partners.